."

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Buffalo Shrimp Dip

I almost forgot about this post.  It's been sitting there, labeled as a draft for about a month and a half now.  Why I never decided to finish and post this is a mystery.  Especially since this dip was so good.  Everybody loves some Buffalo Chicken Dip (see also: Crack Dip), right?  Right.  Well how about Buffalo Shrimp Dip??  I don't know why I never thought to make it with shrimp, since the idea is clearly genius.  At any rate, this is a nice, very easy variation on a classic tailgating/party/any time staple.


Recipe adapted from the Snappy Gourmet's blog.


You'll need:


8 oz. package of low fat cream cheese
1 cup low fat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar, plus a little more for the topping
1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
1 (1 oz.) Ranch seasoning packet
2 tsp lemon juice
1 lb. cooked shrimp, chopped
vegetables, pita, crackers, chips, etc. for dipping


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  


In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, hot sauce, Ranch seasoning, and lemon juice until well combined.  Stir in shrimp.


Scrape the dip into an oven safe dish, and top with some more cheese.  Bake for approximately an hour.




I could have sworn that I had some pictures of the finished product... but as it turns out, all I have is the "before" pictures.  Oh well, you get the idea!  If you'd prefer the original recipe, by all means substitute some cooked shredded or chopped chicken (or the canned stuff) for some or all of the shrimp.  

The dip seems to get spicier the longer it cooks, so if you're concerned about the heat level, consider reducing the amount of hot sauce you use.

If you're having friends over, heading to a party, or are just hungry for some dip, consider making this one.  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I must admit to being a little sad that I didn't think of this. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a party staple around here for parties, so I'm going to have to switch it up soon/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)