."

Monday, April 16, 2012

Easy Sauteed Kale

I think I've told you about my love of kale before.  I've found that it's good in main dishes (see this recipe, and this recipe for examples), as well as when prepared as a side.  Though there are countless ways to prepare kale, this is my favorite.

You'll need:


1-2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
kale, chopped and hard stems removed
1/4-1/2 cup chicken broth or water
red wine vinegar
salt


Start by heating the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.  Add the garlic and heat until it just becomes fragrant.  Add your kale and stir it around to coat with the olive oil.  At this point, it's going to look like you have entirely too much kale in there, but fear not.




Add your liquid, and put a lid on the pan.  Allow things to steam for about 5 minutes.  Remove the lid and stir things around again.  Your kale should have wilted down significantly.  Add your desired amount of red wine vinegar and a generous sprinkling of salt.  How much vinegar you add is up to you.  I'm sort of a fiend for red wine vinegar, so I add a lot.  If you're unsure, just add a little at first.  Then taste, and adjust accordingly.  I like to let the kale continue to saute for a while after adding the vinegar.  It will continue to wilt.


Then serve alongside a tasty main course and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am always looking for ways to enjoy Kale - this straight forward method I really like I thnk I might add some crushed red pepper to this for a bit of heat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)