."

Monday, May 28, 2012

Blueberry French Toast Breakfast Casserole

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!!  Sean and I have had a wonderful weekend thus far, and hope that you have had a good one too.  Our friends Matt and Adrienne just left a little bit ago.  While we're definitely sad that they had to leave, we had a blast while they were here.  I made this casserole one morning for breakfast as a nice change of pace from the usual breakfast casserole that I make every time they visit.  I got this recipe from my mom.


You'll need:


6 eggs
3 cups milk
3/4 cups maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
zest of 1 lemon
3 slices of 1 inch thick bread, cut into cubes
2 cups frozen blueberries
3 tbs sugar
2 tsp cinnamon


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish, set aside.


Beat the eggs, add milk, maple syrup, salt, lemon zest, bread cubes, and blue berries.  Let this sit for a moment.


In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.  Pour your bread-egg-milk mixture into the buttered dish.  Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the top.


Bake for 40-45 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)