."

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hi everyone!  It feels so good to be posting on a more regular basis again.  Now that I passed my oral exams and am officially a doctoral candidate, my schedule is freed up considerably.  I'll be finishing up some side projects that were put on the back burner, and of course, doing a lot more blogging and gardening and whatnot.  Oo and reading for fun!  


Anyway, yesterday was my birthday (the big 2-5, woo woo)!  And since I didn't bake myself a cake or anything, I figured I should at least post a recipe for something sweet.


I made these cookies sometime last month when I was stressing over writing my dissertation proposal.  Baking is therapeutic for me, remember?  Anyway, I know that everyone has at least one recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  Why would you need yet another?  Well, these are a little different, thanks to the addition of Panko bread crumbs, and totally worth a try.


I found this recipe on the blog Newly Wife.


You'll need:


2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 cups chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.  Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.


Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Set aside.


Cream together the melted butter and sugars until well blended.  Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.  Next, mix in the flour mixture little by little until everything is just blended.  Stir in the Panko bread crumbs and chocolate chips.


Drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are lightly toasted.



Crispy and delicious!  They were a huge hit with the research group I work with.  If you're hungry for some chocolate chip cookies with a twist, please give these a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)