."

Friday, June 22, 2012

Big Old Skillet Cookie

While working from home this week, I had a hankering for something sweet so I decided to bake.  Also, quite frankly, I wanted to break up the monotony of working on manuscripts.  So I searched through my bookmarked recipes and came across this one, from the blog The Cherry on Top.  


This recipe seemed perfect, since I wanted cookies, but was feeling a little lazy and didn't necessarily want to spend a lot of time rolling out individual balls of dough.  So if you're craving freshly baked cookies, but are feeling a bit lethargic, give this one a try.


You'll need:


2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used a mix of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips)


a cast iron skillet


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.  


Meanwhile, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, for 2-3 minutes.  Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.


With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture until everything is well incorporated.  Mix in the chocolate chips.


Transfer the dough to your cast iron skillet (mine was 12 inches in diameter).  Press to flatten it in an even layer.  Bake until the edges of the cookie are brown and golden, ~40-45 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling before serving.




Om nom nom nom nom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)