."

Monday, August 20, 2012

Baked Kale Chips

Though it's not over represented on this blog, I love kale.  It probably doesn't come up as much because I tend to keep eating the same kale dishes over and over again (see this one, this one, and this one).

So, anyway, kale chips are nothing new.  I've just finally hopped on the bandwagon and decided to try them out.  I got the initial idea for these kale chips from my friend Megan, and her blog: Cooking in the Cloud.

You'll need:

1 bunch kale leaves, washed very well
2 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
any other seasonings you're into (I used garlic powder)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

De-stem the kale and rip or cut the leaves into chip-sized pieces (I'll let you decide how to define "chip-sized").  Put the kale in a large bowl, drizzle the olive oil over and toss everything around until each piece is well-coated.

Lay the kale, in a single layer, on baking sheets.  Sprinkle the salt and pepper (and whatever other seasonings you'd like) evenly over the kale.



 Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes (mine took 17) until kale is crispy, and slightly browned.  Feel free to either rotate the pan(s) or flip each kale chip over with some tongs approximately halfway through the cooking time.

And this is what you're left with!  Seriously, these are addicting.  Sean and I ate all of them in one evening.  Fortunately, you don't have to feel too guilty about hoovering through a bunch of them.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)