."

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Rice Krispie Treats

So Sean and I had a little Halloween party over the weekend, and since I've somehow managed to not post any Halloween-related recipes, I thought I'd share one with you that I served at the party.  It's your basic Rice Krispie treat, but jazzed up for Halloween.  I hope you enjoy them!




This recipe was originally found at Pass the Plate.  


You'll need:


3 tbs butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 cups puffed rice cereal 
12 oz. bag of candy corn


In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.  Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.  Stir in the peanut butter until it has melted, too.  This is kind of a sticky mess... so be prepared!  Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal and candy corn until everything is well coated.  Use a buttered spatula or piece of wax paper to evenly press the mixture into a well-greased 13x9x2-inch pan.  Let them firm up, cut into desired shapes/sizes, and enjoy!


If your store happens to be out of regular candy corn (coughWalmartcough...) go right ahead and use some of the other varieties.  I used some (somewhat racially insensitive...) Indian Corn, because I was a little wary of the caramel-flavored candy corn.  By the way, when did they even come out with the flavored candy corns?  I completely missed out on that one.




Enjoy these!

3 comments:

  1. These look so good. I'd definitely enjoy candy corn more stuffed into peanut butter rice crispy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were very yummy! I could have easily eaten the whole lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)