."

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Woodchuck Draft Cider Sorbet

Okay, everybody stop what you're doing. *insert record screech here*  I found a recipe for a Woodchuck Cider-based sorbet.  Yeah, ya heard.  Anyone who knows me fairly well can tell you that I love Woodchuck.  Love.  It.  


I originally stumbled across this recipe while perusing Pinterest.  The recipe comes from Elle's New England Kitchen.


You'll need:


2 bottles Woodchuck Cider, ice cold (Whatever variety you prefer. I used Amber.)
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs lemon juice


In a medium bowl, whisk the cider, sugar, and lemon juice together.  Keep whisking until the sugar is completely dissolved.  Give it a taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary.


Unless you have been putsying around in the kitchen, your mixture should still be very cold.  However, if you feel like it isn't cold enough, stick it back in the fridge for an hour or two before putting it in your ice cream maker.


However, if you've kept your eyes on the prize, go ahead and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions for your ice cream maker.


Easy as that!



This was really refreshing, and though perfect any time of year, would be amazing on a hot summer night.  I can't wait to try this out with some of the other Woodchuck varieties (Pear, Raspberry, etc.), because I'm sure they will all be really tasty.


Don't forget that this sorbet contains alcohol!  Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Now this is my kind of Sorbet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,

    I cannot wait to try this. In your wonderful book of ice cream have you come across any sugar free? or low sugar or anything like that??

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. Now that I think about it, I haven't really seen many recipes for ice cream/sorbet/what have you that are sugar free!

      I'll make sure to do some more digging around and try to post low sugar or sugar-free alternatives for my future recipes. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Rachel, try the one ingredient banana ice cream at TheKitchn.com. http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414 the recipe link is at the bottom of that article. It's phenomenal!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Woodchuck, too! So good! And Woodchuck sorbet? Oh, if only I had an ice cream maker...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsea! Isn't Woodchuck just the best? I think you can actually make this w/o an ice cream maker! Check out the blog that I got the recipe from. Thanks for stopping by! =)

      Delete
  4. Hi Lauren! I'm thrilled that you loved the recipe. Woodchuck is definitely my favorite cider. I'm looking forward to the warm summer evenings to enjoy the sorbet. Thanks for the link back to my site--much appreciated!

    For Rachel--the low sugar ice cream? She should definitely try out the one ingredient banana ice cream at TheKitchn.com. http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414 the recipe link is at the bottom of that article. It's phenomenal!

    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)