."

Friday, August 3, 2012

Two Healthy Smoothies!

So after ~6 years of not having a functioning blender, I recently bought The Ninja!!  I was (and still am) pretty excited, since anyone I spoke to who owns one had nothing but rave reviews to give.  Although you can definitely do all kinds of stuff with it, I bought it primarily for it's smoothie-making capabilities.  I'm trying to experiment a bit, and wanted to share with you a couple of the smoothies I've been enjoying.  


Healthy Chocolate-Banana-Peanut Butter Smoothie


Adapted from the recipe on Sterling Style.  Makes ~2 smoothies.


You'll need:


1/2 - 1 whole banana, frozen
2 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs peanut butter
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk/almond milk, plus a splash more
a few ice cubes, depending on how thick you want it to be
honey, to taste (optional)


Toss everything into your blender (minus the honey) and blend away!  Give it a taste.  If it isn't sweet enough, add a drizzle of honey, then blend again.  Enjoy!




Strawberry Nectarine Smoothie

Adapted from the Baltic Maid.  Makes ~2 smoothies


You'll need:


1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced and frozen
1 nectarine, cut into wedges and frozen
1 banana (mine was frozen)
1 1/2 cups milk/almond milk, maybe a bit more
1/2 cup quick oats
honey, optional


Toss it all, minus honey, in the blender.  Blend it up.  Add more milk if it's too thick.  Taste it for sweetness.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)