."

Friday, October 26, 2012

Chocolate Halloween Bark

For once, I thought I'd be on the ball and show you some holiday-related treats before the holiday.  Radical notion, I know.  Sean and I are having a Halloween party this weekend, and this is one of the tasty noms we'll be enjoying.

I was inspired to make this chocolate bark after seeing this recipe on Live, Love, Pasta.

You'll need:

Reese's Pieces
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
24 oz. milk chocolate
12 oz. white chocolate
Sprinkles

Start by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper.  Scatter the wax paper with the candy.  Using your thumb, squish the peanut butter cups down so that they are about the same height as the Reese's Pieces.


Melt the milk chocolate (either in the microwave in 30 second increments or using a double boiler on the stove) and spread it evenly over the candy with an offset spatula.

Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.

After the milk chocolate hardens, melt the white chocolate.  Spread it evenly on top of the milk chocolate.  

Then, add sprinkles!  Since we're having a Halloween party, I naturally went with black and orange.

Put the cookie sheet back into the freezer to let the white chocolate harden.  Once it firms up, break the bark into pieces.  It doesn't have to be perfect.

Store it in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)