."

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

Is this recipe a little out of season? Sure it is. I have to say, though, that I don't really care. I got a craving for some of this pumpkin bread a couple of weeks ago and just had to bake some up.  The recipe is from the blog My Baking Addiction.


(Makes 2 loaves)


You'll need:


1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tbs pumpkin pie spice (or some mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice, etc.)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease two loaf pans (I think mine are 9x4x3?  Something in that neighborhood).


Combine the pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, water, vanilla, and sugar until well mixed.


In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.  Little by little, add the dry ingredients to the wet.  Do this until just combined.

Pour equal amounts of the batter into each loaf pan.  Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


This bread is really nice for breakfast, toasted, with just a little butter.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)