."

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gardening Update: Trees and peppers

A couple of months ago, Sean bought me a Dwarf Avocado Tree for my birthday!!  This is definitely one of the coolest birthday gifts I've ever received.  Though it hasn't flowered yet (I'll have to wait until next spring for this, most likely), the tree itself has grown quite a bit.  It's taller, and has plenty of new leaves.


The lemon tree has grown quite a bit, as well!  Even Maeby took an interest in it today.


I'm also pleased to report that after basically the entire summer, my bell pepper plants are beginning to produce fruit! 
Those pictures were taken a few weeks ago.  Check out how they're doing now!!



It must have been the cooler weather (and by "cooler" I mean high 80's-low 90's as opposed to triple digit temperatures) that prompted the growth of these peppers. 

It hasn't been a complete success story around here, however.  My Better Bush tomatoes have essentially crapped out, the cilantro bit the dust months ago, and the Zebra Green tomato plant my dad gave me has never produced fruit.  It's covered with flowers, but they shrivel and fall off, stem and all, before fruit can set.  You can't win 'em all, I suppose.

Anyway, that's how things are going around here.  Has anyone else been doing any gardening this summer?  How have your plants fared?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)