."

Monday, December 10, 2012

Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies

I was at home for the end of rifle season this past weekend, and my mom and I decided to squeeze in a little baking.  We made some snickerdoodles, one of my mom's favorites.


You'll need:

Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt

Topping
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  

Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour through salt).  Separately, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.  Set both aside.

Cream the shortening and sugar together.  Add the eggs and mix well.  

Little by little, mix in the dry ingredients to the wet.  

In walnut-sized balls, roll the dough through the sugar and cinnamon topping.  Place on cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets before removing the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)