."

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Homemade Christmas Gifts!} - Part 1 - Hot Chocolate Mix

Here's the first installment of posts showcasing homemade gifts that are just perfect for giving away during the winter holiday season!


I know I've shown you homemade hot chocolate before, but this recipe makes much larger quantities.  And really, I think that this one is actually better!  After much searching, I found this recipe from The Brown Eyed Baker.

You'll need:

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (or white chocolate, chopped)
1/4 tsp salt

Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.

Working in 2 batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the white chocolate is ground up pretty finely.  

Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

To make the hot chocolate: Add your desired amount of mix to a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk (almond milk works well here, too!).  Enjoy! 

Since I'm giving these as gifts, I also plan to add a little fabric and ribbon to dress them up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)