."

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sour Cream and Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Believe it or not, this is adapted slightly from a Weight Watchers recipe!  You'd never know it, though.  


I made this as part of the Welcome Home/Football Party that we had over the weekend.  I felt sort of obligated to prepare some lighter fare, since most of the other food was pretty heavy, and because I currently only have one pair of jeans that I can comfortably sit down in. <hangs head in embarrassment>


Maeby perched in my (clean) laundry basket, supervising everything going on in the kitchen.


You'll need:


15 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained (approximately 2 cups)
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup basil, fresh
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste


Place all of your ingredients in a food processor, mini chopper, or blender.  Let 'er rip, and puree until smooth.  






Make sure to taste it after pureeing.  I almost always feel like this needs more salt.


It ends up being a light pink color.


This dip is really good with some fresh veggies, pita wedges, crackers, and on and on.  It's a nice, light alternative to the usual sour cream and onion dip that often gets served at tailgating parties.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love this dip recipe, looks so good.... and healthy, too! A true win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all those great flavors from the peppers and basil, one wouldn't miss the fat in the sour cream. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)