."

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Welcome Home/Football Party

Sean started a new job about a year ago.  As luck would have it, one of his co-workers, Melissa, lives right down the hall from us with her fiance, Kevin.  They're both really nice people, and it's been great getting to know them.


Shortly after we met Kevin, he was sent overseas for work reasons and has been gone since the end of May.  Thankfully, he was able to come home this weekend!  Melissa decided to have a welcome home bash for him this weekend (that somehow ended up being held in our apartment... =P).  It just so happens that the date she chose coincides with the Steelers vs. Ravens football game.   


I'm no football fan, but I understand the significance of the Steelers/Ravens rivalry.  Whenever I meet a native Baltimorean for the first time, and they find out that I'm from Pittsburgh, their first question is "You're not a Steelers fan, are you?!?".  The ask this with obvious disgust and audible trepidation in their voices.  Their fears are allayed when I assure them that I don't watch much football.  I know, I know... I'm like the only Pittsburgher who doesn't worship the Steelers.


Anyway, I'll take every chance I get to do some entertaining.  I'll be making the following blog-worthy noms:


Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
and, of course, my pasta salad




Look for these recipes this week, starting tomorrow!



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)