."

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've decided that it's official: Fall is here.  The high temperature yesterday was only in the 60s!  And this weekend it's only supposed to get up to about 70, and should be partly sunny.  I am absolutely loving it.  Bring on the cooler, non-humid weather, beautiful leaves, and sweaters.  


Since fall is here, it's time to start cooking and baking with pumpkin!  Admittedly, I've never been a humongous fan of pumpkin, but I've seen so many recipes on other blogs that use pumpkin, and they all look so delicious.  I figured it couldn't hurt to give pumpkin another try.  


My parents (Who I now know are regular readers of my blog; Hi Mom and Dad!!) are visiting this weekend.  I usually like to bake a little something for my guests anyway, so these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies seemed like a natural choice.  


After doing a little perusing of the interwebz, I came across this recipe at My Baking Addiction.


You'll need:


1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
1 tbs vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine your pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.  In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.


Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the flour mixture.  Add the flour mixture to the to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.  Add in the vanilla and chocolate chips.






Drop by the spoonful onto greased cookie sheets and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm.



The verdict: My first foray into baking with pumpkin was a success!  The cookies were really light, and almost fluffy, and the chocolate and pumpkin flavors worked together really well.  You can definitely expect more pumpkin recipes from me in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I looove pumpkin. It is such a great substitute for butter and add so much flavor. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm so excited about pumpkin season. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! i've never made pumpkin cookies, but i think these will have to go on my to bake list for this fall! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I'm always just happy to know that someone is reading my blog! =)